A salt water pool system like the Aquarite Turbo Cell 15 should be cleaned at least 1 time per year. This will remove additional calcium build up missed by the self cleaning cycle that the unit does every 6 hours of run time. For convince we will clean the electrolytic salt cell at the same time that the filter is cleaned. We have gotten into a habit of noting the cleaning dates of both pieces of equipment and posting those notes in the timer box. Additionally I have set up a recurring alert on my Iphone. Another great reason to have a smart phone.
NOTE: Always Turn Power Off To The Pool Equipment When performing maintainance
Cleaning the AquaRite Turbo Cell saltwater chlorinator is a very easy process. Follow these easy steps and you will be finished in no time:
- Remove the inline Cell ( T15 Cell, T9 Cell, T3 Cell) by loosening up the large bulkhaed unions.
- Un-plug the single wire that attaches into the control box.
- Visually inspect the inside of the turbo cell for damage
- Rinse out the inside of the cell with hose water
- Attach the unit to the T cell cleaning stand.
- Make a solution of 4 parts water to one part muriatic acid (pool acid) in a small bucket. NOTE: Always add acid directly to water and when using chemicals always use proper safety equipment
- Pour the acid/water solution directly into the cell untill its almost full
- Let the Turbo Cell sit for 2-4 minutes while the solution removes the calcium build up
- Inspect the cell and clean again if needed
- Before installing the Turbo cell, Inspect the rubber o-rings at the bulkhead fittings. The o-rings will need to be in place and in good condition. Apply a small amount of silicone lubricant to the surface of each o-ring
- Re-install the turbo cell and hand tighten the large bulkhead nuts until firm
- Plug the single wire back into the control box
- Start the system and inspect for leaks
- Pour the acid/water solution into the pool or other safe location
- Your back in business making the purest sanitizer available
The ease of maintenance is but another reason I like the Aquarite turbo cell salt water chlorinator.